Corporate marketing management and creative services
For the organization marketing complex products and services over often-long sales cycles, Patrick Gillam creates and deploys marketing programs that build brands and generate leads.
Senior Marketing Manager
Newforma - Manchester, New Hampshire
A venture capital-backed software company focused on the design and construction industry. 2006 to 2009
- Developed not just a new brand, but a new software category - project information management, or PIM, for the construction industry.
- Contributed to programs that averaged 160 qualified leads per month, including a company newsletter, industry conferences and webinars.
- Wrote and edited six bylined articles in major industry media.
Marketing Consultant, Creative Director and Copywriter
Patrick Gillam Copywriting - New England and the Midwest
Boutique creative services and research for ad agencies, designers and corporations. 2003 to 2006
- Creative-director-at-a-distance for Hexa Interactive of Franklin Falls, N.H.
- Entrusted with key client contact and research for MediaCross of St. Louis.
- Contributed key strategic and creative concepts to Dexter Shoe Company and other H.H. Brown brands.
Senior Writer, Account Executive & Associate Creative Director
Mediastream - Manchester, New Hampshire
A venture capital-backed blend of design, software development and management consulting. 1999 to 2003
- Produced marketing materials for the five affiliates of Exeter Health Resources, comprising a community hospital, a sub-acute care facility, a visiting nurse and hospice association, a fitness center and a physician practice management company.
- Met hectic schedules by winning outstanding cooperation from a staff of seven programmers and designers.
Senior Account Executive & Writer
Petzold Advertising - Bedford, New Hampshire
A business-to-business advertising agency focused on manufacturing and technology. 1997 to 1999
- Managed studio and printing volumes totaling $500,000.
- Key contact for New Hampshire manufacturer Hypertherm:
- Produced materials for two new product rollouts over the course of 18 months.
- Created collateral to raise consumable purchases (a key strategy for profitability) and increase ease of use (a key buying factor for hand-held equipment).
The Travers Group (now MediaCross) - St. Louis, Missouri
Integrated marketing programs for clients in financial services, telecommunications, packaging, construction, manufacturing, medical products and energy. 1989 to 1997
- Researched and wrote The Financial Success Kit, a 24-page guide to financial planning.
- Helped launch the nation's first brand for energy, EnergyOne, for UtiliCorp United of Kansas City.
- Developed consultative selling programs for Sprint.
- Developed a re-branding and lead generation program for a specialized division of Marsh, the world's No. 1 risk specialist.
Master of Arts, Journalism
University of Missouri - Columbia, Missouri
1987 to 1988
Bachelor of Arts cum laude, Business Administration
Maharishi International University - Fairfield, Iowa
1977 to 1980
Course in liberal arts and communications
University of Iowa - Iowa City, Iowa
1973 to 1975
- Advertising: print, online, outdoor and broadcast
- Collateral: brochures, case studies, data sheets and more
- Direct mail in two and three dimensions (flats and boxes)
- E-mail marketing
- Lead generation programs
- Market research by mail, phone, consumer intercept and in-person interviews
- Newsletters, print and emailed
- Publicity, including news releases, feature articles and media appearances
- Slide shows
- Sweepstakes, incentives and sales contests
- Trade shows and traveling exhibits
- Training manuals
- White papers
For portfolio samples, click here.
42 Beasom Road
Lyndeborough, New Hampshire 03082
Now tell me about yourself. Click here.